Monday, April 9, 2018

The Japanese Government award Hata Sensei

Mrs. Hata was awarded "The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays" medal from the Japanese government at a reception at the Nippon Club in New York on March 8th. The festivities included a two-day Ikebana exhibition by many of Hata Sensei's students. The exhibition was to honor Sensei's lifelong contributions to the promotion of mutual cultural understanding between Japan and the United States. 
I should have attended and celebrated this wonderful and beautiful ceremony and party. But I was so disappointed and frustrated not be able to go due to the big snow storm (March 7). The 7 inches of wet snow caused a lot of falling trees and a power outage for 24 hours in our area, which also messed up the train schedules. 
I am so grateful someone from the NY chapter sent me these pictures. Even though I was not there to congratulate my teacher in person, it's such an honor to be Hata Sensei's student.     


No comments:

Post a Comment