Friday, November 17, 2017

Leaf Manipulation Demonstration with Yuri Ishizuka

On November 16th, Ikebana International Philadelphia chapter held a program "Leaf manipulation." I was there to see first hand Sensei's demonstration. I usually just leave the leaves in a natural way in my ikebana arrangements. If I should have the big tropical leaves like below, I certainly can use the ideas from Ms. Yuri Ishizuka. Please see the arrangements that she made for the I.I members below. Here is her biography from the program:
      
"Ms Yuri Ishizuka is a Senior Professor of Ikenobo School, the highest Ikenobo diploma- Jun Katoku 15, a Special Teaching Member. She teaches privately and at the Nippon Club in NYC, and holds workshops at the Tiffany & co. design studio. She has also exhibited widely, including at the United Nations, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the residence of Japanese consulate General."

No comments:

Post a Comment