Monday, October 23, 2017

In Memory of Lorraine Toji

I first met Dr. Lorraine Toji within our I.I. Philadelphia chapter. She was always actively involved in the Philadelphia Flower Show Ikebana section for years. Dr. Toji was retired from a celebrated career in biomedical research. During the 11th World Ikebana convention in Okinawa, many members fell sick, including me. Tragically, Dr. Toji was one who fell sick and was rushed to the hospital after coming home to Philadelphia. Sadly, she passed from pneumonia. Dr. Toji generously donated all her ikebana containers to the Philadelphia chapter. At our BuxMont second annual exhibition, we dedicated one table in her memory. All our arrangements used her containers in her honor.
My container from Dr.Toji is triangular ceramic with three holes in each side. I think it is a bit difficult to create an arrangement with this kind of container. But at the end, I like my design.
The materials used here were: 1) Fans, Azalea, mum, kiwi vine, 2) anthurium, hosta, 3) Helenium "Mardi gras."   


No comments:

Post a Comment