Friday, May 12, 2017

Okinawa Convention (2) - My Arrangement

When I registered to attend the 11th World Ikebana International Convention, I signed up to participate in the member's exhibition, and they put me in a No #176 spot (300 in total, 1100 attendees throughout the world). Some of my colleagues said I am so brave. So, I began to worry about how I was going to arrange it on site without knowing what kind of container and materials to use. If I had my own container, I wouldn't be so worried about it. But it was so inconvenient to bring a heavy, breakable, ceramic vase over there, so I decided to make my own container. It was plastic, recycled, light and disposable! It's Sogetsu!
The result of my arrangement was a simple one.  The container was definitely a plus. A lot of viewers said that it was a clever idea.
I purchased my plant materials onsite.  They were sold by the stem. Each individual flower was much more expensive here than in my home town! It was a challenge and a new experience for me.
Each arrangement needed to fit in a 80cm W x 60cm D x 70cm H space.
Allium, monsteria leaf, peony and a purple plant (I didn't get the name of it.)
I wrapped a shiny mesh cloth around the plastic plant container then put soft wire around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment