Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I.I. Chapter #71 Meeting- "The Faces of Plants"

 Ikebana International (I.I.) Philadelphia Chapter held its monthly meeting earlier this month (11/10/2016) because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Our program was Ryusei-ha Ikebana, demonstration by Masako Gibeault Sensei. She was born in Japan where she studied Ryusei-ha Ikebana. Now she has lived in New York and is a board member of the NYC chapter of I.I. Her demonstrations and arrangements have been at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and in the Ryusei-ha 130th anniversary flower exhibition in Tokyo, Japan.
Ryusei-ha ( 龍生派)Ikebana is new for me. To gain more knowledge and understanding, I searched google at: http://www.ryuseiha.net/english or www.ikebanahq.org/ryusei.php
Using Washi paper as part of arrangement to cover all different
kinds of containers, so it looks whole.   

This container is made out of newspaper.

Masako Sensei inserted pebble into each orange
Chinese lantern plant so they would sink to the
bottom of the glass container. Maple leaves
 float on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment