Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Hata Sensei's Class for April

1) Free style: Using Spring flowering branches
Pear tree and Azalea branches in a ceramic vase. By me
By classmate
By classmate

2) Book 3-13: Composition of Mass and Line ( straight or curved)
By me. 
3) Free style: "Shades of Sofu", "This month we return to our roots. Following WWII, flowers were in short supply in Japan and founder of Sogetsu School of Ikebana, Sofu Teshigahara, used whatever structural materials were available to create beauty." So we have to look around and see what we can find to create our container, anything goes. My daughter found a piece of  interesting wood bark that she thought I might like for ikebana use someday. So I used it for this lesson "Something Sofu". I post other pictures below are some of my classmates' arrangements for this subject. (4-20-2015)
By me, cheery and wood bark
By me, Sunflower and cherry
By classmate, food coloring in bottles



By classmate
By classmate, using old camera

By classmate

No comments:

Post a Comment