Monday, November 25, 2013

Cornucopia Arrangement - MWGC November Meeting

From my November MWGC Program: Each person will create her own cornucopia at this meeting under the guidance of Pat Mutek, our former president. Most of the materials will be provided by the club. (11/20/2013)
I placed my finished cornucopia at the foyer of my home. After a few days later I took all the materials apart and rearranged it with some gourds and pine cone. The one I made in the meeting was too crowded. I like this one much better. (11/24/2013)
Below: both sides of the picture.
"The cornucopia (from Latin cornu copiae) or horn of plenty is a symbol of abundance and nourishment, commonly a large horn-shaped container overflowing with produce, flowers, nuts, other edibles, or wealth in some form. Originating in classical antiquity, it has continued as a symbol in Western art, and it is particularly associated with the Thanksgiving holiday in North America".(From Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment