Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You in Ikebana

Before my teacher's assignment, I saw these peonies in my garden in full bloom. I knew immediately I wanted to use them in my ikebana. I thought to myself that black pine with peony arranged together might be beautiful.(another material is Pentstimon)
I asked my teacher why she chose this assignment? We are only half way finished all our text books. This lesson is the last one in Book 4. My teacher answered that she wants to push us to do "My Ikebana." Through all the arrangements we've learned so far, we should be able to express ourselves through the plants. What is my self expression here? It's really hard to say. For now, I just know learning ikebana makes me happy and makes me appreciate the beauty of nature more. (6/1/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment