Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Using Both Fresh and Unconventional Materials

This lesson focuses on anything other than fresh plant materials, like plastic, paper, steel, household objects and so on, using your imagination to create a flower arrangement. I found a piece of square mesh wire sheet and a piece of orange nylon net (used for fruit bags). These are unconventional materials. I wanted the nylon net to soften the mesh wire sheet. Then I used a piece of drift wood to secure the sheet and added sunflowers, mums, and black pine to complete my composition.
In the class I arranged the upright one first (bottom picture), but the teacher said that it was not tall enough. I solved this problem by laying the materials down on the container. Is it better? "Oh, yes! It's beautiful!" my teacher and classmates said.





No comments:

Post a Comment