Saturday, December 19, 2009

Medium Sized Cattleyas


C. Percivaliana "Summit" FCC/AOS. (fragrant) 2nd place
I got this one from B.C.O.S.'s auction last year. It is called "Christmas Cattleya." It is blooming for the first time under my care. I like its clean sharp color.


I don't remember where this one came from but it blooms every year. I like its velvet texture and beautiful color.(3rd place)

The above two Cattleyas bloomed in time for B.C.O.S.'s meeting show table. I will tell you if I get any place in the windowsill grower category later. The result came in 1/13/10's news letter. I got 2nd and 3rd place.


Lc Sylan Sprite "Blythe Spirit"( HCC/AOS) x Bc Pink Sensation"Cynosure" ( fragrant)
When this one starts to bloom, the color is dull on the first day and then becomes prettier each day after. Unfortunately their sepal turns brown so fast that I can't bring it to B.C.O.S.'s meeting to compete. I think they are very cute and beautiful, although it only lasts less than three weeks.

2 comments:

  1. HI,

    Your cattlaya orchids are lovely. Have you thought about how you would use them in an Ikebana style of arrangement. I look forward to seeing pictures if you have done one.

    Regards,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about using the flowers all the time, but I can't bring myself to cut them! Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete